Lover of wildlife and wild places. Tim Irvin is an ecologist, photographer and guide. He specializes in leading trips in the Great Bear Rainforest of British Columbia.
Five things you should know about Tim:
1. He is an ecologist who has conducted research on numerous species. He loves sharing his fascination for nature with others (that is why he is a guide ☺ ). His expertise as a guide and natural history educator has helped three companies earn distinction as one of the “Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth,” as named by National Geographic Adventure.
2. Tim is a fully certified bear-viewing guide with the Commercial Bear Viewing Association of British Columbia, and has been guiding trips for 15 years. In other words, he knows his bears, and he can help you stay safe in bear country while you take stunning photos.
3. With his knowledge of bear behaviour, and temperate rainforest ecology, Tim has worked as a guide for several documentary film crews, including the BBC. He has also made television appearances for his work with coastal grizzly bears.
4. Tim’s photos have been published widely in magazines and calendars. But that it not the point. The point is Tim is a guide – he wants to help you have an extraordinary trip and help you capture stunning images.
5. While guiding one trip, Tim spotted a grizzly bear at a distance, sleeping in some grasses. He whispered to his guests to get their cameras ready. Then the bear stood up and flew away…it was actually a Canada goose. Oops.